Dienstag, 9. Juni 2015

Nineteen.

I'll tell you a story.
Today I had a day off from university.
I visited the nearest bookstore and looked for the next part of The Dark Tower, which would have been Song of Susannah.
Sadly it was not there. The Saleslady offered me to order it, but I did not want, because buying books is a ritual.
I bought something else instead.
"Rivers of London" - by Ben Aaronovitch and
"The Long Earth" - by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter
Great books as far as I can say.
But now the great part:
I left for the train station and risked a look in that magazine/tobaco/book shop I've mentioned earlier.
I just looked at the magazines for fun and after a while, I decided to leave.
A last hasty glance made me shiver.
There it was.
Song of Susannah. Left alone but strong in it's appearance. (Yeah, this is kind of an exaggerated description, pardon)
The strange thing is: It was the only book of the Dark Tower series there, I guess even the only one written by Stephen King himself.
And it was just the book I've been searching for.
But it gets even better!
I had to visit the townhall afterwards, because of "business".
The consultand looked at my personal data and mentioned that I was born on 24.12. - christmas eve.
She said: "Oh, an extraordinary date of birth! (It is not. The only extraordinary date of birth is 29th feburary - every other is 1/365)
I'm born a few days earlier!"
And then I asked: "On the 19th?"
Of course it was the 19th.
She asked me how I knew and I told her about King.
The rest of the conversation is not interesting, we talked about other books and she said she would look up The Dark Tower on the Internet.
But at the beginning it was nineteen.
Of course this is pure coincidence. But it's a nice one ;)
So that's my story for today. If you believe in such things (in nineteen), it's a nice one.
If you do not, then this might be the dumbest thing you've ever heard, but that's okay.
Have a nice week!
Long Days and Pleasant Nights!
Kalnasir

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen